Monday, February 25, 2013

treasure above...

Dear family,
This has been a rewarding week...and a rewarding year and a half :).
We had two investigators at church yesterday and a less active who hasn't been to church in years--Jose! The Lord truly blessed us.
Juanita started saying yesterday that she wants to stay with us in the church. She wants to be a part of it! So tonight we're setting the goals with her to make that happen! Woot! If someone had told me a month ago that she would have this sort of change, I may not have believed it. The Lord works miracles, and I think a huge part of it was the member support she's been receiving. She's in very good hands:)
The other investigator is someone new named Ricardo. He arrived a little late but highly enjoyed the service and the experiences shared by the speakers. We taught him the restoration and he accepted a date and is set to come to church next week! He'll do well. He will get along just fine with the other recent converts like Fernando and William.
Fernando, the recent convert, just received a calling to serve in the young men's! Woot!
And Jose is progressing so well. He knows what he needs to do and he's starting to do it. It's been amazing to watch him go through the repentance process. The ward is being very supportive of his return :) I am so grateful to have been privileged to help him start that process by reminding him, but it was the Lord who prepared him and is cleansing him. The Lord works miracles. They have not ceased. And they will never cease as long as there is faith :)
I am going to miss these wonderful people of Toronto. I have come to love them so very much. There's nothing like it--the love you gain, the work, the people, the change in yourself. I love my mission!
We'll see you all soon! And congrats to Jacob and Athena! YAY!!! I'm so excited for you :)
I love you!
Signing out ;)
Love,
Hna. Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment